Home | Job Postings
Position: Job Developer & Administrative Coordinator
Organization: Riverdale Immigrant Womens Centre
Location: Greenwood & Gerrard, East End Toronto, Ontario
[img]Established in 1982, Riverdale Immigrant Women’s Centre (RIWC) is a community based registered charity founded with a mission to empower immigrant and minority women and their families. RIWC delivers its services through a holistic and integrated service framework that addresses the social, cultural and economic determinants of healthy and vibrant immigrant communities. RIWC’s core programs and services include Violence Against Women and Children, Youth Anti-Violence, Essential Pathways to Employment, Food Services and Hospitality Training, and Women in the Garden.
RIWC is currently seeking a full-time Job Developer & Administrative Coordinator to support the Food Service and Hospitality Training and Essential Pathways to Employment Programs. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Screen, assess and develop individual program plans for all program participants
- Develop and prepare post-program plan and activities for all program participants
- Meet with program participants weekly to assess their progress and the outcomes of their
individual program plans
- Liaise with onsite RIWC program staff and external community partners to arrange customized
program activities and workshops for program participants
- Liaise with technology partners to ensure participants are equipped with laptops and internet to participate in virtual programs
- Deliver and facilitate virtual programs, including computer training and online workshops
- Develop an employer database that offers a range of diverse employment opportunities, including the food service and hospitality sector
- Coordinate and place all program participants in work-based placements within the
- Assist program participants in applying for post-program placements, including work-based or further post-secondary education or additional intensive support services
- Provide support to all program participants for a minimum of 6 months after program completion
- Work collaboratively with program staff to ensure program deliverables are met
- Supervise volunteers and students
- Track participant and program outcomes with program evaluation tools
- Attend all meetings as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary degree/certificate in career counseling, job coaching, adult education or any other relevant discipline
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in career and job development or employment counselling
- Strong administrative and computer training skills
- Ability to develop a job bank for placements
- Knowledge of career and life skills assessment
- Knowledge of labour market trends, the impact of COVID-19 on the labour market, job search strategies and techniques
- Experience in the food service and hospitality industry a must
- Understanding and knowledge of barriers to access encountered by immigrant communities and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Windows Operating System, and online client management systems and tools (e.g., Zoom software)
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
How to Apply:
Please send a customized cover letter and resume to:
Please indicate you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Aug 20 2020