Newmans Fine Foods - we'd like to meat you!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Based on Experience
Newmans Fine Foods is now accepting resumes for a short order cook / deli cook to join our kitchen family.
First established in 1983 as Seafair Gourmet Meats in West Richmond, Newmans Fine Foods is a family-run business with over 30 years of savoury experience. More than your traditional butcher shop, Newmans is a purveyor of locally sourced and sustainable fine food products, specializing in gourmet meat, fresh made sandwiches, deli products ready-to-go Menu items and other specialty goods.
The short order / deli cook will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Daily preparation and execution of food And Menu offerings (ex: soups, sandwiches, ready-to-go items, platters & more).
- Greet and assist customers in a prompt, friendly, and courteous manner.
- Ordering and receiving of products for food service.
- Research & develop new recipes & menu items that are unique, & delicious within a specific food cost / collaboration with team for new offerings.
- Ensure freshness of food items & products by rotating and keeping batches separate by date. - maintain and stock retail displays & products.
- Offer tastes & suggestions for purchase and ways to prepare products.
- Use of commercial power equipment, including slicers and ovens.
- Report customer suggestions, comments, and complaints.
- Certificate or equivalent of a Culinary Education.
- Food Safe Level 1 an asset; in house training / certification available.
- Strong customer service, verbal communication, problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, job task planning & organization skills. - uphold food, health & workplace safety standards by maintaining safety standards & cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, & work space.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
- Strong multi-tasking ability to balance menu prep & guest needs, while remaining calm & courteous at all times.
- Must be able to take direction well and complete tasks within deadline.
- Able to work daytime on weekdays & weekend (operating hours 7:30am-8pm).
We are looking for a customer service based individual who has the ability to make long lasting connections with customers. If you are a hardworking, positive individual, looking to work in a friendly and fast-paced environment this is the job for you!
To apply, please email your resume to:
subject: Short Order Cook / Deli Cook
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca.
*Note: The e-mail address above has been masked to help prevent spam. Please copy the address and replace “mask” with @ .
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
FoodWork ID: 42350 Date posted to FoodWork.ca: Dec 31 1969