Home | Job Postings
Position: Farm Intern
Type: paid internship / f/t staff
Elig.: age 30 & under (see below)
Organization: Cowichan Green Community
Location: Duncan BC
KinPark Youth Urban Farm and Outdoor Education Center is a unique and dynamic place to gain hands-on experience in urban farming, permaculture and nature education, and work on impactful food security initiatives. We are located in the heart of downtown Duncan.
This position will assist the KinPark Urban Farm Manager to oversee farming operations and related administration. This position provides experience in all aspects of farm activities, sales and marketing. This is a full time, year-round paid intern staff role, to start anytime before March 30, 2019.
Urban Farm Work:
- Coordinate farm tasks, including assisting with site planning and maintenance, building garden beds, amending soil using organic methods, procuring compost and mulch, managing greenhouse production, setting up irrigation, etc.
- Assist with seeding, planting, harvesting, washing, packing and marketing all farm produce
- Assist with supervising volunteers, work parties and student groups
- Assist with marketing and promoting the farm
- Assisting with planning, organizing, and implementing all project goals including some landscaping projects and some on-farm workshops and education
- Assisting with the farm and food-themed summer camp which runs at the farm from July 2 to August 30th
- Assist with designing and/or update marketing materials including:
- Web page updates
- Media Releases
- Between the ages of 15 and 30;
- Unemployed or under-employed/not on EI
- Post secondary graduate within the past 3 years
- Has not received other government intern funding - ie Career Focus, or Youth Agriculture Green Job
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Eligible for wage subsidy program (an asset)
- This employee will work primarily outside on the farm but also some time in an office environment. Must be capable of physical labour in all weather conditions.
- This employee will work on a fulltime basis of 35 hours paid hours per week, with occasional evenings and weekends.
To apply, please e-mail your resume and a brief covering letter to:
subject: Farm Intern
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Feb 14 2019