Home | Job Postings
Position: Farm to Table Associate
Organization: Riverdale Hub
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Riverdale Hub (http://www.riverdalehub.ca) is looking for a unique and EXPERIENCED gardener/baker/cafe barista for a position that matters within a growing social enterprise.
love of gardening but also your love of connecting with people in the community through overseeing our seed library and working with in our vegan café. The ideal ca
experience, gardening knowledge of growing organic crops, composting, vertical gardening, developing plants from seeds and maximizing yield; including an interest
- lead our year-round Women in the Garden project
- maintain and transform our rooftop and rainwater garden by introducing new crops and plants
- grow both summer and winter crops
- research the conversion a green roof into a growing roof to maximise yield
- identify and develop resources to support the project
- work with existing volunteers and develop a volunteer base for the project
- schedule relevant workshops on health, nutrition and healthy eating, yoga and Tai Chi, etc.
- connect and develop partnerships with other gardening and environmental groups
- write weekly reports and keep attendance
- work in collaboration with our onsite vegan café
- maintain our seed library
- perform all other duties as assigned
- Love of Baking – recipe development and production; we’re vegan!
- Coffee Skills – experienced barista – traditional espresso- based beverages
- Cash Handling – Touch Bistro preferred
- Catering – ability to coordinate and execute small and large events
- Customer Service – assisting with daily café operations
- Food Prep – preparing menu items and catering orders – food handlers certification preferred
- Knife Handling Skills - prepping café menu items and catering orders
You must have the following:
- Creativity and Flexibility – all hands-on-deck attitude!
- Ability to work with diverse populations and grow organic crops relevant to these communities
- Willingness to Learn
- Knowledge and concern about food security issues for marginalized groups
- Ability to cook using the crops grown in our garden
- Experience with food preparation, health and safety standards and espresso/coffee
- A food handler’s certificate or the willingness to obtain one by 1 week prior to start date
- Knowledge of green roofs and environmental issues an asset
Please reply in writing with a resume and cover letter to:
Please indicate you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Nov 22 2019