Home | Job Postings
Position: Organic Veggies Delivery Driver
Organization: Juniper Farm
Location: near Wakefield, Quebec (30 mins north of Ottawa-Gatineau)
Juniper Farm is a certified organic vegetable farm business owned by us, Alex Mackay-Smith and Juniper Turgeon. We have been operating for 12 years. We offer 200 Summer and Fall CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) shares to our local community as well as operate an on-site farm store. We also sell to a number of Ottawa and local restaurants.
We grow a large variety of fruits and veggies on 5 acres in 15 acres of rotation on our 190 acre piece of land – a good portion of it forest. We have 5 greenhouses and a cold cellar to help extend our seasons. We have laying hens, chickens, pigs, turkeys and beehives integrated into the farm circle.
Needed: DELIVERY DRIVER
Start date: May 2018 - Nov 2018 (or longer)
Pay: minimum wage — $15 (depending on experience) + organic veggies
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Must be able to drive a small cube truck and be a very competant driver (manuvering into small urban alleyways)
- Hop in and out of truck moving bins full of heavy vegetables to different locations.
- Deliver CSA to drop-off stops on Wednesday and Thursday (~4-6 hours each day)
- Deliver to restaurants on Friday starting at noon (~8-9 hours)
- Represent Juniper Farm with branded hat and presentable attire
- Polite and positive interactions with public including CSA members, clients, vendors and general public
- Distribute business cards to curious public
- Respect traffic laws including parking restrictions
- Communicate any pertinent information to CSA drop-off hosts
- Enrich relationships with retail, restaurant clients and CSA hosts
- Regularly collect bins and crates from clients
- Safely move bins while being careful with fragile contents
- Verify contents to ensure presentability of produce before delivering to client
- If difference between invoice and contents, make manual change to invoiced total and text Alex immediately the new total and client information
- If payment received, place it in an envelope with written description
- On return to the farm, place cheques and envelopes in the file folder in the farm store mudroom
- Ensure fluid levels on the truck and refuel if tank is almost out
- Driving farm vehicles for personal use must be approved by Alex and fuel reimbursed and time deducted
- General positive attitude
- Communicate work needs to others on Farm team
- Polite and positive interactions with public including CSA members, CSA workshares, vendors and store clients, drop-by questions, especially to offer information about farm store
- Focus on tasks at hand, ie: personal phone use at a bare minimum
- Equipped for the day
- Organized in daily tasks
- Striving to improve
Please apply to:
subject: Delivery driver position
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
FoodWork ID: 44502
Date posted to FoodWork.ca: Mar 7 2018