Do you have experience in the preparation and serving of food in an institutional setting? If so, bring your skills to the Ontario Police College in Aylmer!
NOTE: This job will be posted until filled. Please refer to original ad on the Ontario Public Service Career website for up-to-date information on the status of this position.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Perform cleaning services for all dining rooms, serving areas, furniture and associated equipment
• Prepare dining room for serving meals (three times daily)
• Wash and prepare vegetables, cutting food items into individual portions
• Assist in the preparation and serving of food, and clean-up after special functions
• Operate the dishwasher to clean all dishes and cutlery as well as replacing clean dishes on shelves and cutlery in receptacles
• Other duties as assigned
*Please note that these are irregular, on-call positions (up to 40 hours per week).
How do I qualify?
Food Preparation Knowledge and Skills
• You have knowledge of procedures and standards involved in the preparation and serving of food in an institutional kitchen and dining room
• You have demonstrated skills and experience using kitchen equipment to prepare food
• You have experience using cleaning equipment and products in order to maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen, dining rooms, serving areas, furniture and equipment
• You know health and safety practices and standards (such as WHMIS) to ensure the safe operation of equipment and use of cleaning agents/chemicals
• You are able to effectively and courteously serve staff and students at meal time
• You can assist other staff in preparing and serving food
• You can participate in clean-up after special functions
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
• You can follow directions and ensure adherence to established standards
• You can follow guidelines on determining the appropriate serving/portion of food
• You can maintain an adequate supply of food on the steam counter during meals
Salary Range: $24.91 - $25.96 per hour
In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, at http://www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 128797. This job will be posted until filled. Please refer to original ad on the OPS Career website to check if applications are still being accepted. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now. Date posted: Dec 31 1969 ID: 48699