We are a family run 1.5 acre organic market garden growing vegetables and cut flowers for two farmers markets in Toronto and Collingwood. Our farm is located in beautiful Grey County close to lakes, rivers, hiking trails and a thriving organic farming community. Also a one hour drive from the Georgian Bay, Lake Huron, Guelph, Kitchener-Waterloo, Collingwood and Owen Sound, and two hours from Toronto. We farm using high-efficiency intensive market gardening techniques including a permanent bed system, hand-tools, protected culture, etc. and grow an extensive variety of high-value crops such as tomatoes, salanova lettuce and greens, annual and perennial cut flowers, garlic, onions, bunching greens and roots (kale, chard, radishes, carrots, beets, etc.) and seasonal specialties. For more, check us out on instagram.
We are currently looking for individuals or a couple to join our 2019 team. Ideal applicant enjoys physical work outdoors under all weather conditions; is able to perform physical tasks for long periods of time (including lifting heavy bins, repetitive tasks, standing and squating); learns quickly; follows directions; pays close attention to detail; enjoys working with others and by themselves.
We are an LGBTQ+ positive family and encourage people and youth facing unique employment barriers to apply.
On-farm accommodation is available in one of our new tiny-houses or our school bus camper.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Full-Season Farm Employee
Summer Farm Employee (Ages 15-30)
To apply, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject "Employment 2019" and answer the following:
1) Your phone number and current address.
2) Are you between the ages 15-30?
3) Which position are you applying for?
4) What is your availability in the time frame for the position you are applying for?
5) Are you able to work weekends and do you have any prior commitments that would bar you from working any days during the season?
6) Any farming or physical labour experience with references. Include their phone number, email, and dates you worked for them.
7) Are you available to come to the farm for an interview?
8) Do you have a current drivers licence (G2 or G)?
9) Are you a “Canadian citizen”?
10) Do you require on-farm accommodation?
11) Explanation of why you would be great fit at Aldergrove Farm.
We acknowledge that the land on which we farm is the traditional territory of the Annishnaabek Nation: the People of the Three Fires known as Ojibwe, Odawa, and Pottawatomie Nations. And further give thanks to the Chippewas of Saugeen, and then Cheppewas of Nawash, now known as the Saugeen Ojibway Nation, as the traditional keepers of this land.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now. Date posted: Dec 18 2018 ID: 50013