Home | Job Postings
Position: Organic Basket Delivery Driver
Organization: Ottawa Organics
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
To complete assigned deliveries of organic produce baskets in our company vehicles, pick-up of empty totes, and assist with warehouse duties.
The position will be approximately 2-4 days a week (4-8 hours/day) with the possibility of more hours. The current opening requires working in the afternoon and evening. Flexibility with hours is a plus!
This position requires completing the assigned delivery route, and working in the warehouse as needed.
Driving responsibilities include:
- Delivering between 30 and 50 orders per day.
- Loading prepared delivery orders into vans at loading dock, outside building.
- Transporting deliveries according to manifest in a safe, responsible manner and in accordance with company procedures.
- Reading complex route sheet and noting difficulties with any deliveries. Updating delivery information to maintain accuracy.
- Exercising good judgment and attention to detail when delivery problems arise. Contact office for additional assistance, if needed.
- Accurately updating daily route statistics including start and end times, mileage and return of totes from previous delivery.
- Notifying supervisor of any vehicle maintenance issues.
- Checking in/out with supervisor
- Minimizing the idling of company vehicles to reduce carbon footprint.
- Maintaining a professional manner and appearance
- Providing amazing customer service
Warehouse responsibilities will include:
- Packing orders, according to order sheets.
- Weighing produce
- Loading, unloading, and transferring product to designated areas.
- Cleaning warehouse daily; maintaining a neat and orderly workplace at all times to include moving pallets, sweeping and removing/disposing of debris.
- Sorting produce.
- Aiding in preparations for the next day. i.e washing plastic delivery totes, weighing produce, etc.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- Written and Verbal communication skills
- Map reading
- Able to lift and move 40+ lb boxes
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Customer Service
- Bilingual (French/English) an asset
Experience, Education, Training:
- A clean driving record is required
- Experience with hand-held Global Positioning System (GPS) units is a plus.
- Previous delivery/grocery industry/customer service experience.
- Interest in organics is preferred.
- Valid Ontario driver's license.
- Clean Police Check
- $12.00 per hour to start
- Free organic fruit and vegetable basket
Please send resume, cover letter, references, and the name of your favourite vegetable to:
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca.
*Note: The e-mail address above has been masked to help prevent spam. Please copy the address and replace “mask” with @ .
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
FoodWork ID: 38154
Date posted to FoodWork.ca: Feb 10 2017