About Terramor Farm — Consciously growing delicious and nutritious, non-certified organic vegetables! With years of experience in the restaurant industry our love of food brought us back to the country. Our farm is located in Burnstown just 50 minutes west of Ottawa. We have adopted bio-intensive farming practices, using mostly hand tools, cultivating just over an acre of land. Each year, we produce over 30 varieties of vegetables providing for our CSA program, restaurants and markets. http://terramorfarm.com
Organic farming position
Terramor Farm is looking for a self-motivated, responsible person to join our team. The work is both physically and mentally demanding. We will never push our staff beyond their limits, however staff must be fully dedicated and committed to meeting the necessary production standards of Terramor Farm.
Responsibilities include all wash station tasks; as well as cultivating, weeding, planting, harvesting, irrigation and general farm tasks.
Hours: Monday - Friday; 7am - 4pm.
Wage is $14.25/hr (negotiable based on experience)
Position is seasonal, additional details available upon request.
Experience is preferred. Must have means to and from the farm, no onsite living available.
Please email us at Terramorfarm@gmail.com with the following information filled out.
1) Your Phone Number and current address.
2) Your age (you must be mature enough for physical farm work)
3) Farming or physical labor experience with (upto) three references. Include their phone number, email., and The dates you worked for them.
4) Your availability (dates and time) to come to the farm for an interview. Weekdays only.
5) The date you wish to start and end working.
6) Do you have a current drivers licence and means to get to and from the farm?
7) Are you able to work weekends and do you have any prior commitments that would bar you from working any days during the season?
8) Please explain why you would be a good fit at Terramor Farm.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca.
Grow food - work on organic farms, market gardens...
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now. Date posted: Apr 1 2019 ID: 52779