Home | Job Postings
Position: Shipping/receiving/order picking clerk
Organization: La Siembra cooperative
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
La Siembra Co-operative is a Fair Trade worker co-operative, which seeks to promote a new model of trading partnerships guided by the principles of Fair Trade. Incorporated in 1999, La Siembra is one of the first companies to import, manufacture and distribute Fair Trade and organic certified sugar and cocoa products in North America under the brand name Camino® and Cuisine Camino®. Our products are sold in over 2000 retail outlets all across Canada.
Receiving, Order Fulfillment and Shipping
- Full-time position
- Reports to Inventory/Warehouse Manager
- Responsible for: Container/truck receiving, stocking, inventory control, order fulfillment, UPS shipping and truck loading
- Location: City Centre, Ottawa, Ontario
- Start date: Early April
- An interest in the mission of La Siembra (camino.ca)
- An ability to do repeated lifting is required (up to 70 lbs)
- General knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent ability to communicate and problem solve effectively in French and English with customers and team members
- Excellent attention to detail and work accuracy
- Ability to manage time and responsibilities and adapt to change
- A desire to learn and contribute to the success of the organization
- Proactive, open minded and enjoy working as part of a team
- Willingness to do other tasks to support the team as requested by the supervisor
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Ensure all order documents are received from customer service as per procedures
- Pick and pack products for customer orders and Organize pick-sheets for fastest, most accurate picking
- Follow special requests of the sales team
- Complete paperwork for customer service to ensure accurate and timely invoicing
- Input order data in system in a timely manner
- Perform cycle counts and end of day procedures as required
- Prepare orders for truck and UPS shipments in time for daily deadline
- Fill out all paperwork necessary for each outbound and inbound shipment
- Unload incoming merchandise from suppliers/other warehouse and accurately record all inbound products and storage location within the warehouse
- Anticipate daily challenges that may affect warehouse efficiency
- Track shipments to customer and provide information to Customer Service Manager to resolve shipping issues
- Stocking & Clean up:
- Restock daily, following systems set up to ensure product rotation
- Keep warehouse organized, clean of debris and hazards
- Segregate/repack damaged products from picking locations
- Regularly inspect exterior of building for graffiti (paint over as needed) and keep exterior free of debris such as litter and leaves
- Other: Support team members as needed or directed ex: repacking projects, and other requests.
To apply, please respond to the 3 questions below and send your response with your resume to:
La Siembra warehouse position essay questions
- How do you think Canadian consumers think about and understand fair trade? How do you think about fair trade?
- La Siembra est une coopérative de travail. Qu’est-ce que vous pensez de la possibilité de faire partie d’une coop de travail?
- This position involves receiving, picking and packing orders, moving inventory with pallet jacks, reach trucks and forklifts, repeatedly lifting heavy boxes, communicating with the customer service team, and interacting with our contracted carriers. How would you manage all of these divergent pieces while ensuring order accuracy and timeliness?
Please note that only the applications accompanied by the answers to the 3 questions, received no later than February 28th 2017 will be reviewed. Please use –Warehouse position application- in the title of your email application. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.
For information about Camino / La Siembra Co-op, please visit our website at http://www.camino.ca
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca.
*Note: The e-mail address above has been masked to help prevent spam. Please copy the address and replace “mask” with @ .
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
FoodWork ID: 38258
Date posted to FoodWork.ca: Feb 14 2017