Position: Member Communications and Events Coordinator
Organization: Organic Council of Ontario
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Salary: ~$560/week in Employment benefits, with the possibility of some top-up pending funding.
Hours: 20-30 hours per week negotiable
This position is funded through the Jobs Creation Partnership program. Participants will be paid employment benefits for a total of 42 weeks. Please see this Q and A for more information.
- Must be currently in receipt of EI benefits,
- OR able to establish an EI benefits claim prior to beginning the position,
- OR have completed an EI claim within the past 36 months,
- OR began a maternity or parental claim within the past 60 months;
- Be unemployed, or working part-time (less than 20 hours per week);
- In need of the work experience that will be gained through this position, where this experience will improve their prospects for securing full-time work in their field of interest & expertise;
About the Organic Council of Ontario:
The Organic Council of Ontario (OCO) is the voice for organics in Ontario. It represents Ontario’s organic sector value chains and has a membership of over 1200 producers, processors, retailers and the public.
Tasks of the Member Communications and Events Coordinator may include the following:
- Plan and promote business-to-business networking events and webinars
- Plan, promote and attend member tours
- Help promote Organic Week events and campaign
- Plan and host harvest fundraising event
- Attend trade shows and improve outreach materials
- Create business plan for trade shows that would build OCO’s capacity and offer discounted rates for members to attend
- Plan a one day conference in March 2020 that showcases emerging issues in the organic sector in conjunction with the OCO AGM.
Online Marketplace, Directory and Knowledge Hub
Help develop and promote OCO’s organic online marketplace (in partnership with Local Line)
- Interviews with members to understand market needs etc.
- Recruitment of pilot members to participate in online marketplace
- Marketplace business plan review
Help continue to improve and develop OCO’s member directory, improving member profiles, information management and product categorization
- Assist in the development of a sustainable data strategy through improving member data tracking and categorization.
Membership Development and Communications
Work with the Communications and Membership Manager to:
- Assist in the development of a suite of member benefits and member recruitment
- Manage OCO’s social media strategy, creating engaging content and images
- Create monthly e-newsletters and alerts using Mailchimp and Hubspot
- Work with similar organizations to develop cross-promotions for members and collaborative benefits
- Assist with the development of advocacy campaigns and member mail-outs
The Ideal Candidate
- Highly motivated, can work independently and in a team;
- Customer service oriented;
- Knows how to juggle and prioritize multiple priorities;
- Curious and engaged systems thinker;
- Takes initiative to constantly improve their work and the work of the organization;
- Passionate and knowledgeable about food and agriculture; knowledge of organics an asset;
- Experience using or is comfortable learning to use various online communications and website platforms (e.g. Wordpress, Statamic, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Canva, Google Suite);
- Experience managing multiple social media channels simultaneously including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (familiarity with Buffer, Hootsuite or other management tools an asset);
- Experience with or an interest in contact management and/or online directory tools such as Hubspot or CiviCRM;
- Has digital problem solving skills and can troubleshoot technical issues;
- Strong written communication skills and an eye for design;
- Experience with or an interest in graphic design (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Canva etc.);
- Interest in data and/or information systems management;
- Some understanding of the Ontario political climate and public sector;
- Experience with communications strategy, marketing and designing campaigns an asset;
- Experience with cloud file storage and sharing systems;
- Experience designing infographics an asset;
- French language skills an asset.
To apply, send a CV and cover letter in one pdf document to email@example.com by November 20th with Member Communications and Events Coordinator in the subject line.
Please indicate you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca.