Home | Job Postings | Grow Local
VANCOUVER / RICHMOND JOBS
Position: Bike Delivery & Organic Microgreen Farm Assistant
Organization: Sky Harvest
Location: Richmond/Vancouver, BC (7 minute bike ride from Bridgeport Skytrain Station)
Sky Harvest is Canada’s first certified organic, urban farm. Our work transforms the urban landscape, improves access to healthy produce and provides a place of community, education and work for local residents. Our current focus is growing microgreens and delivering them by bicycle to Vancouver’s top chefs and grocery stores. We are looking for candidates with a strong sense of social and environmental responsibility, interested in joining our team of dedicated employees and volunteers whose unique talents shape Sky Harvest’s development.
Our day-to-day activities are driven by three core values:
- Lead by example: Providing a strong example of corporate social responsibility in business
- Inspire and assist: Spur the adoption of sustainability principles into others’ operations whenever feasible
- Innovate: Use innovation to move society towards sustainability and thrive-ability
Bike Delivery & Microgreen Farm Assistant (Part-time or Full-time)
- Delivery (by bicycle) of our microgreens to our fine chefs. We have a unique trailer system that is compatible with most bikes
- Active participation in harvesting and planting is also a key component of this position
- Strong cycling skills are a must, this is not a casual bike ride
- Interest in urban agriculture activities and passionate about sustainability and local food systems
- Fun and easygoing personality
- Ability to work quickly, pay attention to small details and carry on a conversation simultaneously
- Exhibits reliability and commitment to our organization
- Must be able to perform physical labour on a daily basis
- The candidate must have their own bike and be very comfortable pulling a small delivery trailer as well.
- Ability to perform bike deliveries of our products in all weather conditions. (Remember Vancouver experiences lots of rain!)
- Farming, gardening or experience working with your hands considered an asset
- 1 Part or full-time position available (16-40 hours weekly). Mandatory work days are Wednesdays & Fridays (both positions) with additional days available.
- Start time: Immediately
- Pay: Starting pay is $15.50/hr + 4% in lieu vacation pay Extended Health Benefits & Hot Yoga membership & weekly microgreens.
- Opportunity to move up within the company as we continue to grow & expand
- Position is located in Richmond BC, and is a 7 minute bike ride from Bridgeport Skytrain Station
To be considered for this position you must fill our Bike Delivery application found HERE. Please submit an introduction of yourself and why you would think you could be a good fit with us, a resume and any questions you may have about us or the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Mar 14 2021