Home | Job Postings | Local Food Jobs
Position: Kitchen Production Assistant Manager
Location: 106-130 Cawthra Ave. Toronto, Ontario
Crisper is Toronto’s first and only zero waste, plant-based meal kit subscription service, delivering fresh ingredients and delicious recipes in reusable and returnable packaging. We’re committed to building a circular economy and demonstrating that convenience doesn’t have to come with a cost to the environment.
Crisper is growing and we’re looking for a committed and energetic Kitchen Production Assistant Manager, who will be responsible for the production of weekly meal kit orders.
The Kitchen Production Assistant Manager will work in collaboration with and under the direction of the Founder in the planning and preparation of meal kits for delivery to our members.
Salary: $22 - $28 per hour; commensurate with experience
Terms: 35 hours/week; 6 month contract
Start Date: Flexible
- Planning, adherence to, and maintenance of meal kit recipes in collaboration with the Founder
- Ordering and maintenance of food inventory for production. Keeping updated records of inventory of product in coolers, freezers and dry storage, and ensuring that all stock is rotated according to the “first in-first out” process.
- Ensure that production activities adhere to defined/budgeted food costs
- Leading the meal kit preparation and the washing and sanitizing of returned reusable packaging
- Supervising all kitchen staff and training new kitchen staff in kitchen operations
- Managing and supervising the schedule of weekly meal kit deliveries.
- Ordering and maintenance of reusable packaging required for meal kit preparation in collaboration with the Founder
- Ordering and maintenance of all other equipment, products, and services required for kitchen production in collaboration with the Founder
- Ensuring that proper food handling standards are adhered to by all staff
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Degree or diploma from known culinary institution
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the food sector industry, preferably high-volume commercial production
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
- Food Handling, WHMIS, and Nutrition knowledge / certificates an asset
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record an asset
- Punctual & reliable
- Friendly and professional demeanour
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Good language skills, both verbal and written
- Able to work alone and solve problems independently
- Able to multi-task and effectively manage time and stress
- This is a physically demanding job. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs and be on your feet all day
- Kitchen shifts are normally from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Other work can be done remotely.
- Occasional evenings and weekends may be required to assist with events and special circumstances
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Kitchen Production Assistant Manager Application”
Please indicate you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: May 2 2022