Position: Food Hub Warehouse & Delivery Coordinator
Organization: Fireweed Food Co-op
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Details: Full Time (35 hrs/week) @ $15/hr May 1- Sept 30, 2021
Reporting to senior Food Hub staff, the Warehouse & Delivery Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to make sure fresh food deliveries are received, accurately packed into customer orders following food safety standards and internal COVID-19 policy standards, and then delivered to customers in a timely manner that ensures product freshness and quality. Secondary to this responsibility is management of the warehouse inventory & regular cleaning/ sanitation duties.
Order receiving and packaging (40%):
- Work at our warehouse location located at 1338A Clifton street on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the day to receive deliveries from Food Hub suppliers.
- Using our food hub software, check producer deliveries for accuracy and as necessary, weigh and update order prices within the system.
- Accurately package & label deliveries into customer orders in a clean and organized manner, following the correct Food Hub packaging and labelling procedures.
- Receive and save supplier bills and communicate with farmers/ suppliers with relevant information regarding their order.
- Communicate pertinent information about producer deliveries to other Food Hub staff.
- Work out of the warehouse on Wednesday and Friday mornings to pack orders into the delivery van, and then make city-wide deliveries to our customers.
- Create & plan delivery routes for each delivery day according to the most travel-efficient route.
- Deliver orders accurately, maintaining proper temperature, and within the customer’s allotted time window.
- Make sure food is handled safely and wear a facemask/ use hand sanitizer for customer deliveries (provided).
- Engage with Food Hub customers in a friendly manner and communicate any relevant information about their orders. Get them to sign the delivery slip and give them an invoice. Receive and safely store cheques/payment from customers as required.
- Take photos of products and customer delivery on a weekly basis for customer promotion and post to our social media channels
Warehouse Management (20%)
- Manage & check warehouse inventory for accuracy on a weekly basis using our warehouse inventory system.
- Communicate low stock or discrepancies with other Food Hub staff.
- Perform regular warehouse cleaning and sanitizing duties on an ongoing basis.
Other duties as assigned (10%)
- May include collaborations with other staff on their projects, or special marketing initiatives as time allows and depending on your interest.
- We want you to have fun at work!
Required Assets/ Skills:
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old and possess a valid Class 5F Driver’s License with no criminal driving charges and no more than 1 at-fault accident and no speeding convictions 30km above speed limit in the previous 3 years.
- Must be comfortable driving and parking a large panel van with no rear windows in the city.
- Skills: basic computer skills, creating and maintaining an organizational system, creative problem solving, communication, time management, self-motivated.
*Please note: this position is conditional upon confirmation of funding. Do not hesitate to ask us more about this prior to submitting your application.
To apply, please send your resume and a brief cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca.