Home | Job Postings | Local Food Jobs
MANITOBA FOOD & FARMING
Position: Program Coordinator
Organization: Manitoba Organic Alliance
Location: remote — candidates will work from home but should be located in or near Manitoba as some travel within the province will be required
The Manitoba Organic Alliance (MOA) is seeking a Program Coordinator to assist with managing its programs, events and coordinating its activities.
MOA is a non-profit organization, representing all organic entities in Manitoba. Our aim is to represent, promote and grow Manitoba’s organic sector through knowledge sharing, advocacy, and market development. Our vision is for a strong, resilient, and united organic sector based on the foundational principles of organic agriculture – health, ecology, fairness and care.
Send queries or your resume and a cover letter to: HR@manitobaorganicalliance.com
Please indicate you saw this posting at FoodWork.
Hours: full-time for one year.
Start date: June 2022
Reports to: Executive Director
Application Deadline: 27 May 2022
- Support the Manitoba Organic Alliance’s fundraising efforts through securing private donations and sponsorships and assisting the Executive Director in grant applications.
- Events Planning and Programming
- Coordinate of grant-funded programs, including the agronomy/cost-share program and the Farm Resilience Mentorship (FaRM) Program.
- Coordinate and manage logistics for MOA events, including farm tours, FaRM training sessions, extension events, Ag Days workshops, etc.
- Promote MOA events through social media, newsletters, and partner organizations.
- Prepare materials and attend in-person events and provide event management assistance.
- Assist with production of Grain on the Brain podcast.
- Provide support where needed for the Organic Marketplace platform development.
- Work with MOA’s board of directors and its committees for project administration and management and provide support where needed.
- Edit and assist with grant applications. Maintain grant documentation and assist with reporting requirements.
- Create and maintain relevant databases.
- Provide administrative support to the Manitoba Organic Development Committee in the management of the Manitoba Organic Grain check-off.
- Act as member liaison and communicate with MOA’s members.
- Act as donor/sponsor liaison and contact potential sponsors, send annual thank-you notes, etc.
- Prepare monthly newsletter.
- Update MOA’s website with events/other information.
Education and Skills
- College or undergraduate degree/diploma.
- Proficient in oral and written English language.
- Reliable internet connection and cell phone.
- Located in Manitoba.
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet use, and comfortable using Google Drive.
- A positive disposition, an eagerness to learn, a strong attention to detail, and a willingness to take ownership of tasks both big and small.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills as needed to draft and review professional correspondence, manage telephone calls, and greet event attendees and speakers.
- An asset would be proficiency in WordPress.
- Knowledge of or a passion for organic agriculture.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: May 3 2022