Home | Job Postings | Local Food Jobs
NORTH YORK/ GTA JOBS
Company: Sweets From the Earth
Location: North York, GTA, Ontario
Shipping and Receiving Associate and Back-Up Driver
This position involves preparing pallet-sized orders, receiving raw materials and shipping out order, as well as acting as an occasional back up delivery driver
Reports to: Shipping and Receiving Manager
Full-time: 9-5:30 pm
Duties and Responsibilities
- Make sure proper attire, uniform and hairnet is always worn and all food safety protocols are followed.
- Isolate any product, which will not meet the established quality standards or may cause a food safety hazard if eaten. Notify quality assurance department of any such problem.
- Control and monitor raw materials inventory and ensure FEFO inventory method is followed.
- Work closely and communicate with Purchaser regarding raw materials inventory.
- Work closely and communicate with Shipping and Receiving Manager about daily shipments.
- Put away ingredients in their designated areas in the warehouse, freezers, and coolers according to allergens using electric walkies and reach trucks.
- Review shipping documents daily and verify that pallets are ready, labeled and staged in holding freezer.
- Ship and load pallets into trucks using electric walkies.
- Log shipping and QA records and submit to office daily.
- Receive raw materials POs accurately using our tablet system.
- Maintain a clean and organized shipping area.
- Transfer materials between multiple warehouses.
- When drivers call in sick or are on vacation, cover for them.
- Complete deliveries in the order they appear on the route summary.
- Obtain signature and payments when delivering orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years of warehouse experience in a food manufacturing facility required.
- Must be comfortable using tablets.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills, Communication Skills, Time Management
- High School Education Required.
- Valid G license & clean driver’s abstract
- Reach truck, walkie and/or scissor lift license an asset.
- Ability to stand on their feet for most of the day.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Working in walk-in freezers that are -18 Celsius while putting away pallets or shipping orders.
- Driving most of the day on days that they are covering for drivers (cargo vans, 12’ cube truck)
- The position requires walking, pushing and pulling heavy objects, bending forward, reaching and driving in all seasons.
- Potentially long days during busy season (September-December).
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to:
subject: Maintenance Mechanic
Please indicate you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Jul 12 2021