Home | Job Postings | Local Food Jobs
NORTHERN ONTARIO JOBS
Position: Permanent Assistant Manager
Employer: Click Fork - Northeastern Online Farmer's Market
Location: Lavigne, between North Bay & Sudbury, Ontario
Click Fork is an online Farmer’s Market purchasing and selling local farm products in order to make local food more accessible to locavores. Customers can order all of their local food needs from our website and have them all delivered together! We pride ourselves on providing an efficient and friendly service to our community. We are looking for candidates with a strong sense of social and environmental responsibility, interest in joining our team and family of dedicated farmers and artisans whose unique talents will help shape Click Fork’s continued development in a positive way.
The type and scope of work for this position is very broad and will vary on a weekly basis. This position will provide an opportunity for us to grow and learn from each other along the way.
Your tasks can consist of but are not limited to:
- Packaging customer orders
- Managing product inventory
- Cleaning and organizing of packaging warehouse
- Overseeing/working with a student employee from time to time
- Responding to customer enquiries and helping with social media marketing campaigns, etc.
- Helping with deliveries, driving our company vehicle to pick up products from suppliers at their farms/place of business.
- Doing product research and/or research for special projects
- Helping with various construction projects
- Work Conditions will vary based on the task; work outdoors in warm and cold conditions as well as indoor work (packing warehouse, walk-in cooler and freezer). Standing, walking, running, sitting, kneeling, crouching, heavy lifting, etc.…
- Must be able to perform physical labour on a daily basis
- Ability to work quickly, pay attention to small details and carry on a conversation simultaneously
- Proficient with computers, experience with WordPress web design, inventory management software & Google sheets is an asset
- Interest in agriculture activities and passionate about sustainability and local food systems
- Fun and easy going personality
- Ability to work independently
- Exhibits reliability and commitment to organization
- Eagerness to learn and take constructive criticism without getting offended
- Valid Class G Driver’s Licence
- Ability to drive/back up a truck and enclosed trailer, ATV an asset
- The ideal candidate would also be able to do occasional animal husbandry and general farm chores
- 5 days/week approx 40 hours per week (will vary up or down), weekdays, some evenings
- Start time: April 12th 2021 or as soon as possible
- Pay starting at $17-20/hour. + staff discount on local food products. Room for wage and position to grow
- This is NOT a summer job, we are looking for someone to work year-round with more hours from April to December and reduced hours from Jan to March.
Please email an introduction of yourself, why you think you would be a good fit with us, along with your resume to: email@example.com , att: Chantal Lewington. At least 2 recent references will also be requested if you are selected for an interview.
Please indicate you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Mar 31 2021