Home | Job Postings | Local Food Jobs
Position: Program Coordinator
Organization: Manitoba Organic Alliance Inc.
Location: preferably Manitoba, but must be a resident of Canada.
The Manitoba Organic Alliance is seeking a Program Coordinator to assist with managing its events, programs and coordinating its activities.
The Manitoba Organic Alliance represents all organic entities in Manitoba. MOA’s aim is to represent, promote and grow Manitoba’s organic sector through knowledge sharing, advocacy, and market development. Our vision is for a strong, resilient and united organic sector based on the foundational principles of organic agriculture- health, ecology, fairness and care.
Send queries or your resume and a cover letter to: HR@manitobaorganicalliance.com
Please indicate you saw this posting at FoodWork.
- Hours: full-time for one year.
- Start date: September 2021
- Salary: $42,000
- Reports to: Program Manager
- Location: Working from home; some travel may be required to in-person events.
- Coordinate 8 events (both in-person and online) between November 2021 and March 2022;
- Coordinate event registration, speaker payment and logistics;
- Report to Program Manager and assist with other events as required;
- Prepare materials and attend in-person events and provide event management assistance.
- Coordination of grant-funded programs, such as managing the agronomy consultant and cost-share programs;
- Manage invoicing and bookkeeping tasks;
- Work with MOA and its committees for project administration and management;
- Edit and assist with grant applications. Maintain grant documentation and assist with reporting requirements;
- Create and maintain relevant databases;
- Schedule interviews for podcast.
- Member liaison – Communicate with MOA’s members;
- Donor/sponsor liaison – Contact potential sponsors; send thank you notes at the end of the year;
- Organize monthly newsletter;
- Update website with events/other information.
Education and Skills
- College or undergraduate certificate;
- Proficient in oral and written English language;
- Reliable internet connection and cell phone;
- Located in Canada;
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet use;
- A positive disposition, an eagerness to learn, a strong attention to detail, and a willingness to take ownership of tasks both big and small;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills as needed to draft and review professional correspondence, manage telephone calls, and greet event attendees and speakers;
- An asset would be proficiency in WordPress;
- Knowledge of or a passion for organic agriculture.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Jul 20 2021