Position: Sales Manager - Toronto
Organization: Too Good To Go
Location: Toronto, Ontario
At Too Good To Go, we dream of a planet with no food waste.
Imagine if there was something we could all change today that would reduce global warming by 8%. That’s how much food waste contributes to the climate crisis, and yet we continue to waste 32% of all the food produced in Canada.
Our app connecting businesses with unsold food, and consumers willing to buy at a discounted rate has grown since 2016 to become the biggest in Europe and the US, with over 69 million meals saved.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but we are just at the start of our Canadian journey...
We hope to welcome you to our team towards the end of May.
As Sales Manager you will be:
- Build and develop the sales team: hiring, training, coaching, and motivating for peak performance.
- Map the market and develop the sales strategy for your owned geography.
- Directly manage a team of Sales Specialists, running weekly/monthly incentives to drive performance and motivation.
- Coach and develop Sales Specialists through regular field accompaniments.
- Conduct regular 1:1’s and implement performance plans.
- Support global operational projects and lead local sales projects.
What makes you the candidate we're looking for:
- You’re an accomplished sales leader with at least 1 year of sales management experience.
- You have an exceptional understanding of how to motivate a team.
- You have strong experience working and leading in sales. This has exposed you to different sales environments and methodologies that you can draw on to lead Too Good To Go’s sales team.
- You have developed or supported to set up a sales function, ideally in a scale-up, fast-growth business.
- You are data-oriented and work with KPIs to guide actions.
- You are experienced in using a CRM/Sales tool, Salesforce a major plus.
- You are a first-class communicator and are able to draw on those skills to set the bar high and get team members to perform at their absolute best.
- You are highly empathetic and emotionally intelligent, and at the same time, you know how to challenge people.
- You are a make-it-happen person who is excited to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.
- You have a true passion for sustainability - you understand the urgency of action for the planet.
- We fight together: Food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: We always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: Our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: We’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: We always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 950 + enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 16 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal and professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- A transparent and trustworthy company culture where you have the independence to unleash your creativity.
- An authentic, fun, and supportive team that celebrates success together.
How to apply
Please apply directly through our website following this LINK.
Please indicate you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca.