Home | Job Postings | Local Food Jobs
Position: Morning Baker/Prep Cook
Organization: Tapioca Toronto
Location: Toronto ON (near College & Landsdowne)
MORNING BAKER/PREP COOK – BRAZILIAN CAFÉ & MARKET.
We are Tapioca Toronto. A small, family-owned café and kitchen company based in Toronto, making locally-sourced and organic foods inspired by the flavours of Brazil and Southern America. Our kitchen is located in the Brockton Village neighbourhood, near College and Landsdowne in downtown Toronto.
THE POSITION: We are looking for morning baker/prep cook to work morning shifts (6am-1pm).
- Kitchen experience is a must.
- Weekend availability.
- Early morning person with energy and enthusiasm for the work.
- Familiar with vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free and traditional baking and food preparation.
- Strong passion for cooking with organic, seasonal, and local ingredients.
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen.
- A team player with good communication skills.
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure.
- Training from a culinary school will be an asset.
- Reliable, creative, and passionate about creating good food.
- Basic fluency in Portuguese/Spanish is an asset though not required.
- Prepare ingredients for farmers markets, like fillings for tapioca crepes or toppings for tamales.
- Follow recipes and baking instructions for simple baked goods like quiches, empanadas, cookies, muffins, and more.
- Labeling and stocking all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned.
Please email email@example.com with a short introduction and your resume.
Please indicate you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Jun 7 2021